Sunday, April 29, 2012

Welcome to the 39 And Holding Club!

So, be honest, are you forty-plus? When asked your age have you ever answered, "39 and holding!"?

Now you can prove you're not a day over 39, with a membership in the 39 And Holding Club!

The idea for a Club 39 (39 And Holding Club's "nickname") began on my own milestone birthday (several years added to 39 ...), in 2008. I bought the domain that night. But chasing the almighty dollar in a recession claims most of my time ... not much left for fun.

So what spurred me to action now? Three auspicious occasions:
  • Another milestone (in music) birthday coming up in November (2012)--think Sir Paul McCartney ...
  • A dear friend's recent birthday, who when I told her of my intent for the domain--someday--said, "Well, when you do, sign me up!"
  • But most of all, my incentive to act NOW and at least outline the membership, design a few web pages, and basically get the ol' ball rolling ... is my Uncle Elvin's 90th birthday, tomorrow (April 30, 2012)

Uncle E is one of my favorite people. We're celebrating his birthday tonight with a grand, mini-family reunion--as many as could afford to travel are gathering in Northern California--our family's roots.

There will be cousins I haven't seen since they were ten--they now have ten-year-old (at least) grandchildren. And there will probably be non-stop talking in between bites of tasty tidbits at Mimi's Cafe; and of course, we'll be dishing about those who couldn't make it. All in FUN.

And that's my other intent for this blog, website, and the 39 And Holding Club--to help us bring back the fun in life that seems to have dissipated for so many over the past five to ten years.

I used to have a saying, "Life's no fun unless you can bitch." I still feel that way, but the point is life should be FUN. At least for one day out of the year.

Is it your birthday today? Pamper yourself! Even if there is no one to celebrate it with you ... even if you're stuck at home with no money ... even if you're in pain ... do ONE thing today that will make you feel better.

Watch a funny movie on TV or your fave Internet movie provider. Search the Internet for comedy sites. Take a walk and do some people-watching (that's always funny). Search the cobwebs of your life and write down as many funny memories as you can dredge up.

It's your day--be creative, and have fun--you deserve it.

Cheers to your day--and Happy Birthday, Uncle Elvin--you're a star in my book! And you're 39 again!





No comments:

Post a Comment