Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I’m 39 and Holding – AGAIN! Life and Legacies




http://www.Tarot.com
Scorpio: Oct 23-Nov 21 - cares deeply; hurts deeply
The Moon enters mystical Pisces today to soften the Scorpio sting … yep, it’s that time of year … turkey on the table, un-boxing Christmas decorations … and … my birthday!   

It was four yearsago to the day that I bought the 39AndHoldingClub.com domain name. Though I haven’t had the time I’d like to devote to it, at least it now has a presence and some fun pages to peruse when you realize that “Life isn’t about age … it’s an attitude!”

By the time you begin ignoring birthdays if you haven’t already, you may start thinking about the legacies you will have established by the time you head on up to Rock &Roll Heaven (that’s my vision of it anyway).

Here’s a thought to ponder … even if you don’t consciously create a legacy (or two or three), you will leave some. It’s the essence of being human that we affect those we leave behind, in some way. Do your “default” legacies reflect how you want to be remembered?


Don’t you think now is a good time to consider, and perhaps alter, your legacies?

If there is one sentence of wisdom I can leave to the Bieber-fans of today it’s, “Don’t wait until your feet falter to leave a meaningful footprint on Earth.”

Join the 39 & Holding Club! www.39AndHoldingClub.com
Join the club! 39AndHoldingClub.com
We often become philosophical on milestone days, like birthdays. Use that time to not only accept the present, but prepare for your future – in a way that leaves your loved ones and the world, thinking they were made better by knowing you. A life is a terrible thing to waste. So is a legacy.
 
I admit – I partied hearty and unconsciously lived life for the moment, for too many years. I’m not saying you can’t have fun, but make sure you leave the legacies you want, with a little foresight and planning. No regrets though.

As one of my dear friends creates his legacy, he has inspired me to do the same. It is never too late, although you can certainly accomplish more if you start earlier. JV reminds us to not only live with purpose, but with conscious focused action for everything we do. Truer words were never spoken.

So … enough with the philosophy … let’s PAR-TY!

Sorry – I just can’t be serious for any length of time. There is also an abundance of joy in the world – often within your own familyin my grandson’s laugh, the quizzical tilt of my granddaughter’s head, and in my eldest granddaughter’s adorable dimples when she smiles. My twin boys, Scott, and Verne joined by his wife, Tammy, also provide many smile-and-chuckle moments.

For my fun today, I’m researching cool classic birthday songs to list on 39AndHoldingClub.com – check for the list and links over the Thanksgiving weekend. Of course, my fave has to be The Beatles’ “Birthday” (original title, huh?). But there’s also, Lesley Gore’s “It’sMy Party” … and “I’ll cry if I want to” … I did … to that song … on my 16th birthday. Robin, you broke my heart.

Jack Benny - the original 39er!HeeHee. Not for long, of course. I think Johnny was next in line. Let’s not neglect the ultimate love song, again The Beatle’s “When I’m 64”; and who can forget the breathy birthday warble from Marilyn to JFK?! (1962)

Laughter is contagious. Do it often and pass it on! And for you 39ers, as your next birthday rolls around, remember what the endearing Jack Benny said when asked why he was celebrating his 39th birthday again, “Because there’s nothing funny about 40.” Maybe not, but “39 and Holding” is hilarious!

Think I’ll go over to my new Club39 Nifty Gifts and buy myself a 39 and Holding beer glass – cheers! Or maybe a Blast from YourPast wallclock so I can count the minutes ‘til I get to be 39 and Holding … again!

Party On!



No comments:

Post a Comment